Weekend tech reading: iPhone 4S has battery life issues

By Matthew
Oct 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. iPhone 4S battery life problems: bug in location services suspected A flaw in Apple's location services system in its new iOS 5 software is increasingly suspected of being the cause of…

Read the whole story
  2. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Mexican Anon: risking their lives by taking on a drug cartel.
    US Anon: hacking into game companies and releasing user information.

Now I'm not suggesting that the US Anon actually risk their lives, or even inconvenience themselves, but Jesus, isn't there something useful they can hack into to actually effect some meaningful change in the world? Its sad, sad and pathetic. All you see is some random ******* posting the same tired "We are legion" line in order to make themselves look cool on some random forum, or crowing the virtues of St. Julian.

Citibank, BofA, there are dozens of companies out there that have screwed over thousands of regular people, but no, let's not expose their dirty secrets, lets just **** with regular people whose only crime is registering for a gaming forum, or being a janitor for some organization with poor IT security.

Its really pathetic...
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Geez, gwalio247, please tell us how you <i>really</i> feel...?

Lol, jk. I wholeheartedly agree.
  4. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

I noticed a huge improvement in battery life since iOS 5 update iPhone4
  5. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 186

i had lost faith in Anon until now. it looks like they finally stopped screwing around with little kids stuff and are finaly trying to improve the world again.
  6. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd Newcomer, in training Posts: 555

i think its just some of the new 4S models that are being affected
  7. captainawesome

captainawesome TechSpot Booster Posts: 410   +42

I fully Agree with you Gwailo!
  8. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

LOL. Revealing those secrets, in public, for everyone to read and talk about, is the only way that the corruption and backroom dealing between our corporations and politicians will be exposed.

All those kids out there occupying things, right or wrong, aren't going to accomplish jack **** if something real is not found. We all *know* that this goes on, but proof is needed. And other than an inside whistle-blower, the only way that information will be exposed is though hacking into these corporations, hacking into their personal computers, breaking into their WiFi at home. Get the proof.

But all they accomplish is just useless posturing on the web, and breaking into poorly secured provincial police departments, claiming they're "getting at the man".

This is put up or shut up time. If they hack into an Arizona police department in protest of the state's illegal immigration policy, why not help out these kids in Mexico?

Things didn't change since my BBS days in the 1990s. Everyone has HUGE balls sitting behind the safety of a keyboard, and they talk like they're characters in Neuromancer, but in the real world, 99% of them do nothing...
  9. Interesting out of all the topics/articles, that Matthew decided to choose a title associated with Apple...and in fact include not 1, but 3 articles associated with Apple...maybe you should create an entire Apple section, Matty....? I'm sure it would get lots of traffic, which is obviously all you're concerned with anyway...not actual "pc technology and news".
  10. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

there already is an apple only section? Under home along to the left of the page "Apple".
  11. Luckily my new iPhone 4s has no battery issues.

12. matrix86

matrix86 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 801   +8

guests *rolls eyes* First off, there is a section in the forums for Apple. Secondly, this is a Tech news site. Apple is a Tech company. All three articles deal with Tech. ..so what's the problem here? Grow up and move along kid.
  13. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,043   +84 Staff Member

Shh, don't draw attention to things like that. I might not get my bonus.

The reality is, I include whatever topics I find that seem relevant to TS.
  14. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

I was thinking a new, "For Trolls Only" section might be good.
  15. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,281   +395 Staff Member

The sad part is Matty that he really does find that Interesting.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.