TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: Kindle Fire HD 8.9" versus the iPad 3

By Matthew
Sep 9, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. On paper, the new Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 blows the iPad 3 out of the water. The Fire HD is thinner, lighter, and smaller than the iPad 3. The Fire HD has dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus,...

Read more

2. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 914   +22

To talk about Internet Explorer, I've come out of the frying pan and into the fire and decided to try IE9 instead of Firefox with ABP. Response time is dismal on all but the fastest computers, I guess, and the single threadedness of displaying an ad ridden webpage is not getting faster with processor speed not increasing for each core. HTML5 all the way, but is this what the future holds? Typing a comment like this into Techspot and fixing mistakes takes about 10 times longer. Another irony in your article is that at download.com you couldn't even download anything in IE9 until last June.

3. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

The Kindle Fire HD looks promising... but will it blend?

4. colinf

colinf TS Rookie Posts: 43   +7

Terribly poor ie9 article by someone wanting you to use his "freefixer" tool

Lurker101 likes this.
  5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

Just a prop to Matthew and TechSpot for the weekly "Weekend Tech Reading" series of articles. One of my favorite TechSpot on-going series. Always good stuff to read...

6. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TS Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

The Kindle Fire vs iPad 3 illustration in the article gives a startling visual advantage to the iPad, especially considering that the writer says Amazon's screen might be better. Gotta wonder if the graphics guy who put that illustration together wasn't an Apple partisan. Either that or Amazon needs to provide a better class of stock shot, heh.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.