TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: Microsoft details Windows 7 memory leaks, hangs, freezes

By Matthew
Feb 14, 2010
  1. Microsoft details Windows 7 memory leaks, hangs, freezes Microsoft has been tracking some odd issues that occur on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. These bugs are not typically fixed via Windows Update, because these hotfixes should only be applied to systems that are experiencing specific problems. So if you are not severely affected by either of them, wait for the relevant service packs. Here are the four most prominent issues, listed in order of decreasing severity. Ars Technica

Read the whole story

2. Chazz

Chazz TS Enthusiast Posts: 634   +60

I'm not sure if this is working for others, but the "Ars Technica" link is not working.

3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,358   +403

Link works fine for me chazz - came right up.

I'm knocking on wood as I've had zero, I mean ZERO problems with Windows 7. And I'm loving it. Best OS that Microsoft has put out IMNHO.

4. Chazz

It's working now.

5. Chazz

I don't mean to post this much in a row(I didn't even see your message TOM, before I posted the 2nd time).

There is only one issue I have with windows 7. It does not wake up from sleep mode. Well, it does but it takes about an hour before the system becomes usable. I don't think it's a big deal, I just disable sleep and either turn off my power hungry Dell 3007 or my entire comp when I leave.

6. Haven't had any problems with Vista. Looks like Microsoft took an unfairly maligned OS and made things worse. Windows 8 will be out in 2011, maybe earlier if things get worse.

7. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,168   +37

This is why I am waiting for the first service pack to be released and by then hopfully SSDs will be coming down in price as well when I go to do a new build.

8. Sounds like a good plan Route44.

9. Deals

Deals TS Rookie

I came across some great deals when surfing the internet with my new windows 7. I have not had any problems, or anything to complain about. I feel bad for the people that have got the same thing as me, but are having a bad experience with it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.