TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: New iPad's screen under the microscope

By Matthew
Mar 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The new iPad's screen under the microscope It’s easy to conceptually understand the idea of quadrupling the pixel count, but once you actually see what this means, it’s frankly pretty…

Read the whole story

2. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 744   +12

Well, let's see.

People still believe anything they're told, specially regarding apple products? Check.

Bethesda continues to ruin the Elder Scroll's franchise? Check.

Valve still trying to save whatever is left of videogames? Check.

3. yRaz

yRaz TS Evangelist Posts: 1,897   +940

They really couldn't have made a worse turn with the ES series than turning it into an MMO. Thing I love about most Bethesda games is that your actions in game shape the world around you. This isn't possible in an MMO setting. It's just going to be a game with the ES name and lore. It doesn't seem to me like you'd be able to scavenge very well. Ever notice how in MMO's monsters drop the items? I like searching for things and sometimes you find that extremely well hidden chest awesome armor. The ES game play that people enjoy just wont translate into an MMO

Maybe for a die hard Elder scrolls/Bethseda fan this seems to be a turn in the wrong direction. It could be fun, but like I said about the C&C MMO, they will not be able to keep enough elements for the previous games for them to call it an ES game. If people wanted MMO's they're are thousands, possibly even 10's of thousands. Although I wouldn't mind if they had something like Borderlands Co-op play. If they do make an MMO, they better do a 1:1 scale of the entire elder scrolls world.

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,549   +852

i agree MMO might not work. Co op is all i ever wanted with elder scrolls.
    Anyway, with the leds, itd be awesome to make LEDs help power themselves, lol

5. Valve saving videogames? How many hats do you own?

Anyway. Any time I hear an Apple buzz word thrown about like "thunderbolt" or "retina display" or the all encompassing "magical". I start to uncontrollably yawn.

Someone let me know when the Ipad starts using "magical" super amoled displays or "innovative" storing device receptacle (SD card slot) ;then I might be excited.

6. ramonsterns

Oh boy, not another fool that believes cosmetic items have an impact on gameplay.

Let's completely disregard the free games they gave out on Christmas and the discounts they have every day and on every weekend, not including the ones every holiday. As well as telling the failures that are Ubisoft and EA that their anti-pirating measures are killing their profits.

7. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,160   +198

Gotta love valve!

Gamers not lawyers :)

8. No, the hats do not impact game play ,but Valve giving out heavily discounted games is like the Romans giving out free bread and circus games. Its sad how people are so easily bought with free stuff.

I presume his point was that Valve is not the gaming messiah unlike so many gullible gamers think they are.

Honestly Valve/Steam fanboys are almost as cult like as Apple fans are. Say one thing about Valve and you have a torrent of angry internetters ready to spill blood.

I do not hate Valve ,but neither will blindly put faith in them and blindly ignore their motivations.

9. ramonsterns

That's neat, but Valve doesn't sell overpriced hardware with overrated software. The motivation of every company is to make money, and quite frankly, I'd rather they make money by enticing me to buy video games for cheap than fooling me into buying a game at full price and later charging me for DLC.

Believe whatever you want, no one is beating Valve's superior service any time soon.

10. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,254   +222

Couldn't care less what you think, they offer a deal im on it. The thing is, they have offered quite few deals and great service thus far, although VAC is rather appalling but still...