TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: OnLive reboots with new owner after layoffs

By Matthew
Aug 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. "OnLive ... will continue to operate," the statement read. "...there is no expected interruption of any OnLive services." It was a statement that read as an assurance: everything is fine, we're still here, it's business as usual. But it was…

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,979   +391

OK, the DNA storage is really cool. But where does the DNA come from?

And assange is a *****. Its one thing if you are revealing details that the government kept for their own sake, but hes putting innocent people at risk with what hes leaking.

3. Recycle

Recycle TS Rookie Posts: 53

DNA can be artificially made; it's just like any other chemical.

4. ikesmasher

oh yea thats right...im slow.

5. ikesmasher

on a second thought, as soon as PCs are able to read it, 700 terabyte USB drives? lol. At that size read/write isnt a huge deal.

6. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,104   +111

the read write right now is extremely slow (or so I heard), but it is perfect for very long term storage.

7. ikesmasher

I can imagine having to scan a whole strand for 0s and 1s taking a rather long time...

8. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Now I'm going to have to worry about my hard drive becoming denatured.

9. Doctor John

Doctor John TS Enthusiast Posts: 247   +15

Hmm... should be ok as long as you don't get the drive too wet, or dry, or acid, or alkaline, or hot, or electrically charged or in a strong magnetic field,or exposed to radiation, or cosmic rays, or........... ;)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.