TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: SPDY not much faster than HTTP after all?

By Matthew
Jun 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Not as SPDY as you thought SPDY is awesome. It's the first real upgrade to HTTP in 10+ years, it tackles high latency mobile networks performance issues and it makes the web more secure. SPDY is different than HTTP in many…

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,942   +379

Hybrid drives are awesome. I dont understand why they can already be considered "passe", especially when a 500 GB one costs about the same right now ($95 at TigerDirect) as a normal hard drive.

3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I'm definitely going to put my Momentus XT into my laptop when I get home, that drive would be perfect to replace the crappy 5400 drive.

These things are perfect for laptops IMO, because you're not stuck with a tiny (or large and prohibitively expensive) hard drive to fill your only hard drive slot. You get speed and storage space, and for a non-gaming laptop, the 4 GB of SSD are more or less enough for your average workload.

4. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 981   +31

$666.66 ....

That helps place the exact time he sold his soul.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.