TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: The lost Deus Ex sequels, a holiday gift guide, SSD endurance test hits 2PB

By Matthew
Dec 7, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Invisible War and Human Revolution - these are the sequels every Deus Ex fan knows. But they're only a fraction of the real story. Prior to Human Revolution, Ion Storm Austin, the studio behind the first two Deus Ex titles, worked...

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,552   +854

Dumping handwriting...dear goodness. I certainly hope everyone learns fine on their own. What do you do when *gasp* there isn't a gadget around for you to communicate with? or its battery is DEAD?!?
    I suppose this isn't necessarily a bad thing to teach typing at all. Im just scared at the consequences of the inability of people to write relatively quickly and neatly when the time comes for it to be needed.

3. m4a4

m4a4 TS Guru Posts: 751   +270

"Code of ages". Yeah, as a programmer, more proprietary coding languages just annoys me...

4. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

Mass suicide?
    Electronic communication seems to evolved into the perfect substitute for engaging the world face to face. As it stands now, millions (if not billions) of people fiddle with their mobile electronic devices in social settings to explicitly avoid having to interact with those around them for any length of time.

ikesmasher likes this.
  5. "Finland Dumps Handwriting" news is NOT true ! Read comments below that "news". Don't use Google translate for Finnish news. ;)

6. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,179   +72

What do you do when *gasp* there is no pen and paper around to write with? Or if the ink DRIES OUT?

Well, you'll try to remember what you wanted to write, right?

There's a much higher chance for most people (in an affluent Western society) to have a working gadget around (in particular, a smartphone) than have a working pen/pencil and paper.