Weekend tech reading: Verizon getting iPhone 4 this month?

By Matthew
Jan 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Verizon finally lands the iPhone The iPhone is finally coming to Verizon Wireless.

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,230   +314

I think the wave of the future in gaming - particularly as far as MMO's go - is what Turbine is doing. Free to play, but if you want the really good stuff, you'll have to cut a check. Pretty much what Zynga is doing with all of it's cheezy Facebook games like Farmville and Yoville. I think I read somewhere recently that Zynga is worth 500 million now from using that "you have to buy the good stuff" gaming model. Sheesh...

I love blu-ray, but will pass on the Star Wars collection. That series has been around for so long and shown so much that it's like a bad commercial that won't go away.
  3. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 564   +30

Good news for iPhone users I guess. Looks like a good move for AMD to support open source graphics drivers, that's gonna force Nvidia to get with the program. How is Lord of the Rings Online gameplay-wise now that their revenue model is different? Do 'non-paying' players run around with 'crippled' features? or can they actually do significant stuff in the game. Star Wars on Blu-ray!!!!!!! I'm so there, Yipee!!!!
  4. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 864   +127

Check out this site (specific article) for a pretty good idea about how things work...

http://lotro.mmorsel.com/2010/09/best-lotro-account-type.html

It's a fun game and it is possible (though challenging) to play completely free. Personally, a few small transactions make the game really great a lot cheaper than other standard MMOs.
  5. Looks like att is done with if Verizon gets the iphone.
  6. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

Until verizon rolls out LTE AT&T is still over 2x as fast. Some people who get great coverage aren't going to downgrade to CDMA
  7. posermobile89

posermobile89 Newcomer, in training Posts: 72

Id be quite happy if now that the iPhone is on Verizon, it could be jailbroken and unlocked to be on sprint. But I have a feeling that it will be more difficult that it was to unlock and go onto T-Mobile...
  8. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

Because when activating a CDMA phone they need to get your ESN, unlike sim swapping. This means carriers with certain policies could refuse to allow your iphone into the system.
  9. matrix86

matrix86 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 795   +8

So now I can view the trash that is the acting and writing of Episodes 1-3 in high definition blu-ray? SWEET! [/sarcasm]
  10. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Small gaming, gamers wont change their pads, mouse and keyboard, big screens and heavy gaming consoles/PC's for an iPhone 4. I agree that the people that plays java/flash games will have extra fun doing small gaming.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.