TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: What is Yahoo?

By Matthew
Jul 29, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. That straightforward question has so far baffled the people who run the company. I got a taste of the fuzziness when I visited Carol Bartz, then the chief executive, back in 2010. She was funny, profane and articulate, except on…

Read more

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,406   +1,593

Something I want to forget.

3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Considering what China is doing, the US needs hackers in its employ to protect us. Simple as that. I just hope that the NSA can understand that they probably need the hackers more than the hackers need the NSA, and tailor their treatment of them accordingly. Hopefully both sides can meet in the middle for a fruitful partnership.

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,979   +390

yahoo is a joke now. They have awful news writers, their email system is worse since they changed it from the old version, and its just a mess to use. I mean, look at Chris chase articles. for the last few years yahoo has quickly gone downhill. and I only use my email accounts with them for spam and surveys.

5. Jillxz

Jillxz TS Rookie Posts: 23

I wanted on , but too many user reviews that said it had bad reception . So that is definitely a deal breaker for me.

6. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

"Yeah, Valve is a big company and I'm not into that, so I'm gonna go on this other big company instead."

Antonov most likely left because he was offered a bigger paycheck.

Also, I'd watch Bill Nye the Science Guy show again.

7. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Enthusiast Posts: 208   +18

No idea which of the dozen + stories above this refers to?

8. Zoltan Head

Zoltan Head TS Enthusiast Posts: 268   +27

Interesting, but I am struggling to connect it with the OP? :confused::)

9. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 997   +32

I tend to believe him. I think that most people who want to work on games won't be happy working at Valve. Valve's main business is Steam. It still produces an occasional game, but nothing high concept or that an artist would feel a real satisfaction to work on.

10. Jillxz

Jillxz TS Rookie Posts: 23

The Samsung Galaxy 3 Bad reception .

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.