Weird BSOD behavior

pfehr

heya first of all happy new year.

well i dont mean to be so blunt but here it goes...

i had a bsod on my main hdd i tried restarting it but during the windows boot loading screen the loading bar just moves 3 clicks then quick flash of BSOD then reboots.i have no idea what is causing it i cant see the error code cuz it just flashes too fast. i cant boot in safe mode or the sort either. i also tried loadin optimized defaults on bios. i have 2 hdds a 1tb and 1 640 my os on the 1tb is fine but my main os on my 640 is the one thats iffy.and i cant find my damn windows cd lol...i know its a software thing since my backup windows on my 1tb is working fine so that rules out hardware. the only thing i can think of is maybe i mustve gotten some kinda virus or something since i did get several popups from avg to delete some files that supposedly had malware or a trojan. i thought that was the cause but i used tune up utilities to restore the deleted files still thesame thing. if you have any questions please ask i mean id really want to resolve this with your help since getting a technician would cost quite abit where im from.

No, it doesn't rule out hardware. In fact, my suggestion is you run a complete harddrive diagnostics on your "iffy" harddrive.

What OS are you running, how long has this issue been happening, and did AVG update recently?

well

im running windows xp pro avg last updated like a day ago before it hapened.and this all just started yesterday i just installed that OS like 3 days ago

AVG is causing a lot of people problems in the past three weeks due to updates. Three weeks ago there was a lot on the net how one update literally crippled Vista and Windows 7 systems.

My sister's computer just last week wouldn't load. I finally narrowed it down to AVG and once it was uninstalled it runs great.

Try uninstalling AVG and get back to us with the results.

should i just go to the folder and delete it? cuz i cant boot it up and uninstall it properly.sorry late reply fell asleep lol

tried it

i tried deleting avg but to no avail it still bsod's at loading screen. fun way to start the new year lol?

What are the make of your harddrives and do you have a friend with some tech knowledge?

No need for the RPM.

Ask your friends to burn you the free WD harddrive utility to a CD. Run this for your WD harddrive.

Ask again for Seagate's Seatools HD diagnostic utility and run it for the Hitachi.

Do the long tests for both. Any errors?

just got back

ill try and search since i can burn using my laptop. i actually recovered the files avg deleted and i got my system running for a few days but then it crashed again lol ill post asap with the seagate report but where can i get the WD hdd utilities?

Western Digital's website is where you find their utility.

Is AVG completely removed now?

yeah when i managed to get into my other OS i deleted and uninstalled every trace of it. im scanning with seagates utility now. halfway done. i also downloaded some registry tools to check for errors and i downloaded a program that reads the dumps for crash errors.the thing thats happening on my maun os now is that it lt goes past the windows loading screen then it displayes a kernel error i think if i remember the code was 000x00021a not sure ill check after i scan with the utilities since i use 1 cpu for both hdds

Stay far away from registry utilities. They cause much more than the little, if any, good they promise.

actually i rescanned my 1tb with the working os,it failed the long dst. But the WD hdd passed and thats the one with the OS that i get the c00021a error after windows loading screen. which is basically my main hdd

doing so atm im transferring what i can into whats free in my 1tb.what do i do afterwards?

Back