Weird diagonal lines across my LCD

By OneZ
Apr 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Greetings,

I bought my LED Samsung XL2370 about 8 months ago and it's good, but suddenly about 1 month ago i recognized weird diagonal lines across it. These lines can mostly be noticed when there is a white background ( like text document for example ) and can't be noticed while playing a game.
    And I've just noticed another thing, while looking at my screen from above i noticed a weird area in the middle of the screen.

Please check this photo which will explain everything >>
    http://img851.imageshack.us/i/53064775.jpg/

Thanks in advance.
  2. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 900

What exactly do the diagonal lines look like? They may be a problem with your monitor, but there is also a chance they are artifacts caused by a failing GPU. Do you have another computer you could test the monitor with?
  3. T77

T77 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 315

The image you have attached is not quite clear.But I had a kind of similar problem that involved the appearance of horizontal lines alongside text and general graphics.
    I found a somewhat unusual solution to it.

My gpu and monitor are connected through a D-sub cable(could be DVI,HDMI or any other cable in your case). I just moved the end of the cable,that was attached to my monitor,forward or you can say that I just pulled it inwards so that the cable would physically touch the back of the monitor,consequently the horizontal lines disappeared.
    By the way mine is an LCD of ordinary quality.
    I hope his kind of helped you.What I meant is that you just try and shake the cord... :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.