Weird diagonal lines across my LCD

OneZ

Greetings,

I bought my LED Samsung XL2370 about 8 months ago and it's good, but suddenly about 1 month ago i recognized weird diagonal lines across it. These lines can mostly be noticed when there is a white background ( like text document for example ) and can't be noticed while playing a game.
And I've just noticed another thing, while looking at my screen from above i noticed a weird area in the middle of the screen.

Please check this photo which will explain everything >>
http://img851.imageshack.us/i/53064775.jpg/

Thanks in advance.

What exactly do the diagonal lines look like? They may be a problem with your monitor, but there is also a chance they are artifacts caused by a failing GPU. Do you have another computer you could test the monitor with?

The image you have attached is not quite clear.But I had a kind of similar problem that involved the appearance of horizontal lines alongside text and general graphics.
I found a somewhat unusual solution to it.

My gpu and monitor are connected through a D-sub cable(could be DVI,HDMI or any other cable in your case). I just moved the end of the cable,that was attached to my monitor,forward or you can say that I just pulled it inwards so that the cable would physically touch the back of the monitor,consequently the horizontal lines disappeared.
By the way mine is an LCD of ordinary quality.
I hope his kind of helped you.What I meant is that you just try and shake the cord... :)

Back