TechSpot

Weird game problems

By Maximus
Jun 24, 2006
  1. Ya so...I'm sitting here playing CS when for no reason it just shuts off.....I thought OK CS is messed but after I played Need for Speed : Most Wanted it did the same thing.....boots me outta the game for no reason......theres no error...nothing. It seems to happen to every game I play. I have the latest drivers for everything, Etrust EZ Antivirus, Spytbot and Windows firewall turned on....any help is appreciated.

2. WinDoWsMoNoPoLy

WinDoWsMoNoPoLy TS Rookie Posts: 252

As in, you exit the game to the desktop or your computer shuts off?

3. Maximus

Maximus TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 60

The game just shuts off.......like I'll be playing for 5 mins or so and for no reason it stops and boots me to the desktop.

4. WinDoWsMoNoPoLy

WinDoWsMoNoPoLy TS Rookie Posts: 252

Check to see if your video card fan is working along with other fans. Also see how hot your computer is getting while playing.

5. Maximus

Alright......so I checked my temps and under load my CPU is 48C and 27C for the mobo, my videocard is too good for a fan so it's only got passive cooling (heatsink).....and that doesn't seem to be overheating. Thanks for you help though...

6. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

I would put a fan in that card though...

Also, what`s your videocard?
    Maybe the games don`t fully support your particular card.

7. Maximus

ATi 9600SE 128mb AGP.....I might get a fan...to overclock but as of right now....the card is stock, including clock speeds and mem speeds.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.