TechSpot

Weird problem with monitor and graphics card

By prov1x
Jul 3, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My computer started doing this a couple of weeks ago. When I power it does not send a signal to the monitor. I have removed all internal parts except for the PSU, the processor, RAM and vidoe card and it still does the same.

PSU - OKIA 450 w (new)
    CPU intel dual core
    RAM 1 gig
    Video - geforce 6600LE 256 mb
    MOBO - p4m800pro-m2 rev2.0

I replaced the PSU. it now has a OKIA 450 watt PSU and reseated the RAM, CPU and video card and still the same. The vidoe card requires an additional Molex connection for power. I found that if I disconnect this then the computer, monitor and video card are operational however when i loaded the driver for the geforce card it did state the Molex connector was not connected so the card was lowering its performance due to this. When I reconnect the Molex connector on the vidoe card, everything hangs up again and no signal to the monitor.

this mobo does have on board vga. I tested that and it works fine. any idead on the graphics card issue?

Thnaks
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Time to change Video cards... assuming you have already downloaded driver updates.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.