Weird Request

By Evulafro
Feb 26, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I'm just chatting with my dad when he thinks it would be cool if i recover some files from this really really old computer. And I mean the type of computer I now look at and wonder how it works so fast lol.

56MB of ram lol

Anyways I get it running but now I have no idea how to remove the data. It only has a dial-up connection which i don't have. The hardrive is only 3GB so I figure if i can figure out how to get a USB in there i can clean it in 2 goes if not just one.

Problem is I have no idea how to find the driver or if they would even work on win98.

I'm trying to use a Kingston USB 2 GB drive. When i started messing with it found that the driver was disk.sys, but thats the xp driver i guess.

Any ideas at all how to get the info out? The computer doesn't burn cd or dvd.

Oh and it recognises it when i put the USB in but it asks for a place to look for the drivers :p. I can burn a cd with the driver and put it in the cd-drive or something, but how do i get a 2GB USB drivers for win 98 lololol
  2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,284   +153

3. Evulafro

Evulafro Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 45

Nice man now i feel inept lol. Guess i never was very good at googling things
    Worked like a charm. Im now transfering the amazing 1 GB of info lol
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.