Weird right click menu problem

By Paaaulo
Aug 25, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When i right click an icon then select one of the options, the option ive selected lingers on the screen, it also is ontop of any other window, the only way i can get rid of it is to run a fullscreen app like a game or something. Here's a screenshot of what happens: hxxp://i34.tinypic.com/qswkf4.jpg (had to do the xx otherwise it wouldnt let me post)

Prior to this happening i was plaing music when my pc made a horrible BLEEEEEEEERRRRRRr like noise out the speakers then the screen went black, and i had to start in safe mode, then go back into normal mode. The last things i installed was the nividia physX drivers and fraps. Is there any chance one of those could be causeing this?
  2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +35

The correct URL for the image is: http://i34.tinypic.com/qswkf4.jpg

It's pretty hard to troubleshoot with no information. system? OS? Etc. you can start by running the Error Checking with both boxes checked, then a reboot. That will often handle glitches like this.
  3. Paaaulo

Paaaulo Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

id already rebooted thats why i hadnt tryed it again, another reboot sorted it D: the os was vista. I however have a whole mess and new problems which ill put in another thread.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.