TechSpot

Weird sound when using screen recorders

By thebanished
Dec 6, 2009
  1. I just got a audigy 2 zs sound card it works great but i got just one problem when i record stuff using a screen recorder (hypercam , Growler gunCam,etc) i get this weird sound. here is a video i made that has the cracking and popping noise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYN4gPeJH7A

it only happens when using screen recorders. i can record full screen pc games with fraps with no weird sound please help .

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Does this happen using on-board sound? What Operating System are you running?

3. thebanished

thebanished TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 21

i use win xp pro and no i don't use on board anymore (its dead left channel makes garbled sounds)

4. Tmagic650

Did you get the Creative Audigy 2zs sound driver from the Creative support site? If not, I suggest you do

5. thebanished

yes i got the latest drivers

6. Tmagic650

From Creative, not the supplied CD?

7. thebanished

yes from creative

8. Tmagic650

I had an Audigy 2SE that I had to remove because of poor choppy sound. You might have to get a little better sound card. Maybe a PCIe x1 sound card will work with your motherboard

9. thebanished

my motherboard only has 3 pci ports and 1 pci-e x16 (all ready used) i would of bought a creative xtreamgamer if it didn't have that flexyjack i need a line-in port and use my mic at the same time i upgraded from a rocketfish 7.1 sound card (which is based on the xtreamaudio card)

right now my audigy 2 zs works fine for other things like recording games from my tv tuner , useing fraps.

i don't get popping sounds when listening to music or playing games only when i use a screen recorder.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.