Weird square dots and crashing

This hasn't happened before. It only started happening today, around 2 am. I can't access Google Chrome. My entire computer will crash. I guess not crash? It'll get really weird. The screen flashes black several times and eventually just kicks me out of all other opened apps (such as my discord app on pc). McAfee (preprogrammed onto my pc, I haven't bought it) keeps telling me I have 1 unsafe website opened. EVERY time I try to fix the problem through McAfee it takes me to chrome so I can purchase the system but of course, it does the weird crash thing again. I would like to note that the website usually pops up at first before the screen flickers several times and then it says "Can't access chrome". This last time, it flickered way more than it had been and actually remained black for a solid minute while a colorful display of dots in a square formation apeared in the center of the screen. After a minute the solid dots became transparent and my screen came back. Except now I have this transparent square in the middle. I'm thinking I have a really weird virus. I'm stupid and I get those sometimes. I am the least tech savvy person I know and computers confuse the crap out of me. I have the HP Envy touch screen pc
If that helps. I use my pc a lot, particularly for writing stories and poems and chatting with friends. I need this pc. And I can't afford to lose anything on it.

Make a BACKUP of your data files (docs, photos, music, etc) IMMEDIATELY (yes, I was shouting). Then focus on wiping out your 'really weird virus' by:
[1] posting your problem at https://www.techspot.com/community/forums/virus-and-malware-removal.28/ - the actions required may seem arduous, but they are ALL necessary......OR
[2] do a repartition, reformat and clean installation of your operating system (on your own or going to a professional tech for $100 - $150)

[1] means you {hopefully, but not certainly} do not have to reinstall your programs and data. [2] might be easier.

I turned the pc off for the night while I waited for responses and decided to sleep. When I turned my pc back on I didn't notice any changes right away. The colorful transparent square was gone and I could browse chrome as j pleased with no issues at all. But now I've noticed that my keyboard doesn't light up when I mute my audio (the little glow up thing on the mute key of my keyboard should always light up when it's muted to alert me that my audio is muted). Yeah, it doesn't light up anymore. But the mute still works. Also I can't adjust the brightness on my screen any more. The keys used to adjust brightness no longer work. And I'm no longer given the option to adjust them manually through settings or ease of access either. It's just not possible to adjust brightness anymore. So it's stuck on being really bright. This is what I've noticed so far, but there could be more that I just haven't found yet. Help please???

"I am the least tech savvy person I know and computers confuse the crap out of me. "
leads to going to a professional tech for $100 - $150 as the optimal answer.

Back