TechSpot

Weird thingy with games on my laptop

By fastzr
Apr 1, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey I've discovered something really weird and I hope someone can help me, I didn't know where to put this thread so as it’s related to gaming I put it here.

Alright, my friend and I have the same laptop, as it's from our school, now when I install battlefield 1942 on my laptop it works fine, but when I install it on his and then click on the .exe the screen flashes black for a millisecond and then goes back to the folder, with nothing opening. This doesn't just apply to Battlefield 1942 the list goes on; even small flash games like N-Ball don't work on his computer. Yet Sid Meier’s Colonization works fine on both (the list goes on here too). Is there maybe a setting that won't let him play games with a certain file or something in them? (Oh yeah just to mention we basically have the same programs (all the school ones). Also Battlefield Vietnam works fine. But Star Wars Battlefront 2 doesn't...

Thanks,

Fastzr
  2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

It would be helpful to post the complete specs of the laptop(s) in question as well as what operating system is installed.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.