Weird Windows Message. Infection?

By loudsilence
Aug 15, 2009
  1. I hope someone can help me out. I've done the 8 steps and still get this weird message upon startup every time. I've tried everything I know short of a reformat. I'm using Vista Home.

My Current Setup:
    AV/ Firewall Suite: Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
    Cleanup/ Maintenance: Ccleaner & TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance (weekly scan w/ both)
    Anti Malware: Malwarebytes

My logs and a screenshot of that message are attached.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
  2. loudsilence

loudsilence TS Rookie Topic Starter

Now that I think of it. Several months ago, my gf downloaded a movie file that had some bogus zip/ compressed format. We cleaned her pc up but she recently used the same flashdrive from that incident in my computer. Could that be part of the problem?
  3. loudsilence

Help :confused:
  4. loudsilence

any advice?
  5. loudsilence

Did this thread get ignored because no one knew the answer or did I do something wrong?
  6. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Our apology. You were not intentionally ignored. Currently and temporarily, there are no trained malware helpers on TS>

You do have malware. You also have evidence of a pirated program. They may be related. If you are still having the problems, you can get malware help HERE

Please follow the sticky for programs to run and logs to leave. In the meantime, I advise you to change all of your passwords.

Edit: you need to update these programs:
    Firefox 3.5 Beta 4> Final v3.5.2 is out

jre1.6.0_05> to v6u15> ):
    Please uninstall any earlier versions in Add/Remove Programs.
  7. Witness1

Witness1 TS Rookie

... If you can find the source that may be what's causing this tell me and I will tell you my secret... Don't worry I use my "Secret" to remove alot of malware, and "Access denied" applications... Just try and look for it
  8. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,433   +143

It's hard to tell exactly, there are many possiblities, Bobbye points out a very valid one with a high probability:
    Lol? Is that some kind of bribery? I don't know if that's necessary...
  9. AndrestheBean

AndrestheBean TS Rookie Posts: 207

this kinda creeps me out
  10. frienley

frienley TS Rookie Posts: 16

Really a difficult post. Please tell us the solution if you solve it.
    Good luck!
  11. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

The reason I have been referring users to Tech-101 for help in cleaning malware is 1. Because there are trained malware helpers there and 2. To prevent users from using crap like the rogue Malware Cleaner 2009 (the 'Secret')

Unfortunately, no one is preventing the posting of this type of 'help'.
  12. loudsilence

Thanks for the help so far.

I'll be working on it later on.
  13. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,467   +1,760

VooDoo Malware Removal.....Myth or Reality.....?

Better still, perhaps you might spare us just that.
    HK, I think if you reread "Witness1's post, it will quickly dawn on you that he is suffering from paranoid delusions of Shaman-hood! :rolleyes:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.