TechSpot

Welcome... logging off

By pne andy
Nov 2, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. i had this posted in the windows os section
    however i managed to get hold or a windows 7 disk so i formatted the harddrive and performed a clean install. the install went fine and i thought i had it sorted, however after reseting the laptop it failed to load first time and cane up with a screen saying check for problems or start windows normally. i tried start normally and it worked.
    i then shut down the laptop and turned on again and the same screen came up but this time start normally didnt work so i let windows check for startup problems but none where found and still refuses to load sometimes i get to the screen asking for the password then it restarts but mostly i dont even get that far so now i am thinking maybe a hardware problem but i dont know
    any help would be greatly appriciated, the laptop is an acer 5536

2. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,889

After a full clean install of the OS a hardware fault does seem the most likely reason.

I would start with a test on your hard drive and if that comes up clean then perform the test on the memory.