TechSpot

Welcome... logging off

By pne andy
Nov 2, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. i had this posted in the windows os section
    however i managed to get hold or a windows 7 disk so i formatted the harddrive and performed a clean install. the install went fine and i thought i had it sorted, however after reseting the laptop it failed to load first time and cane up with a screen saying check for problems or start windows normally. i tried start normally and it worked.
    i then shut down the laptop and turned on again and the same screen came up but this time start normally didnt work so i let windows check for startup problems but none where found and still refuses to load sometimes i get to the screen asking for the password then it restarts but mostly i dont even get that far so now i am thinking maybe a hardware problem but i dont know
    any help would be greatly appriciated, the laptop is an acer 5536

2. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,271

After a full clean install of the OS a hardware fault does seem the most likely reason.

I would start with a test on your hard drive and if that comes up clean then perform the test on the memory.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.