TechSpot

We're hiring! News writers and features editor wanted

By Jos
Mar 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Has the thought of collaborating on TechSpot ever crossed your mind? If so, here's an opportunity to join our editorial team. If you have a passion for technology and the necessary writing skills, give us a shout. We are looking...

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,966   +389

Somewhat relevant question, do article writers get their prompts from stories that they found in the internet that someone else had just published, or is there some national/international pool of THIS JUST IN.

3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,058   +919

TechSpot (y)

4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,370   +405

I'd volunteer to be your "no pirating" columnist, but I don't want to be hunted down at night. ;)

Good luck in your search! You guys have done a great job evolving TechSpot into one of the premier tech sites.

5. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,710   +62

Sounds like a dream job. Too bad my technical know how is not up to par. I vote for captain crunch, I mean cranky :). I could do game reviews but I probably dump on 90% of them. Pirate philosophy? Politics, yes, current events yes. A good asteroid article would go with current events. What technology we have to reroute one etc. To bad I'm lacking in pure IT skills, maybe after I get my bachelors.

Good luck to all candidates!

JC713 likes this.
  6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,593   +352

ikesmasher, not sure I understand your question. You mean, how do we come up with topics for updating the frontpage news? If so, we have our ways :)

7. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,601   +110

Press releases from companies, twitter feeds of key personnel within said companies, other news sites. There are many, many sources of news and not just re-posting.

8. "This position requires previous experience."

Imagine every company having such a stinky attitude....

9. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,441   +503 Staff Member

It helps us avoid hiring guests.

10. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 604   +106

...And narcissist.

11. Oh my Lord, that is so funny there isn't an acronym to cover it.

Your articles would be hilariously bad: Thief! Thief! Stealing! Stealing! Thief! Thief! Stealing! Stealing! Omg stealing!

Then when someone refutes your single point on piracy you could reply with your favourite rebuttal: Thief! Thief! Stealing! Stealing! Thief! Thief! Stealing! Stealing! Omg stealing!

Ad infinitum.

Darkshadoe likes this.

12. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 904   +239

Im in! First things first, I am going to need a pair of GTX Titan's to umm...do some testing! :D

JC713 likes this.
  13. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,058   +919

Pop in a 3960x too haha.

14. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,966   +389

Yea thats what I was asking.
    Now I must rest easy knowing there is like a secret society of journalists. :p

15. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Enthusiast Posts: 570   +97

Wow. I'd like to do this gig. My question is can you just specialize in one area, I.e., console gaming?

16. Zeromus

Zeromus TS Enthusiast Posts: 231   +7

Hm did I post here and get my comment deleted or did I write something and decided at the last minute that I didn't want to post? Either way, what qualities are you guys looking for?

17. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

Good luck to us all! :)

18. TomicasWorld

TomicasWorld TS Rookie

Are the positions filled?

19. kodrutz

kodrutz TS Enthusiast Posts: 145

Just applied, I hope there's some room left for me. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.