TechSpot

Westell Modem

By learninmypc
Jun 2, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. I was given said modem a few days ago & when I googled it, it said it was Centurylink http://internethelp.centurylink.com/internethelp/modem-westell-7500.html
    I DO NOT have CenturyLink for an ISP here so I'm wondering if its still usable?
    Originally I was told I could hook up a modem to better my wifi coverage. I'm currently using Ethernet.
    At one point when I had it plugged in to ac outlet & ethernet, a pop up said something about another computer was ???
    I'd like to know how to update it so if it is ok to use, my landlord will be able to help me if need be. :) TIA :)

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 6,615   +336

I forgot to mention it came with a phone cord, ac power cord & no filters or ethernet cord.

3. learninmypc

Nobody has any helpful info?:confused:

4. learninmypc

Wow, 142 views & nobody can help? :confused:

5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,980   +362

Users online at this moment -

Members: 8
    Guests: 603 (who can't post)
    Robots: 115 (who can't post)

I'd say most of your views are guests and robots. Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.

6. learninmypc

I understand, but when you consider it was posted 8 days ago, I still wonder. I know TS has intelligent modem/router knowledgeable people which is why I posted here. I wish I had the answer but I don't. Thank you for your input :)

7. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,980   +362

My ISP lists on their website examples of modems that are compatible with their system although their list might not have every single one. You might check your ISP's website.

8. learninmypc

Thank you, I appreciate that & all the help with it I can get. Getting tired of googling :) I just don't want to shut our modem/router down by resetting the one I have.

9. learninmypc

Was just informed by my landlord it won't work on our system here. Time to recycle it :)