Western Digital Harddrive diagnostic problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ribabe8

Hello, I was referred by someone on the BSOD Help & Support Forum to come to this forum. My problem is that I was getting various BSOD screens and I think I have narrowed it down to the harddrive. I have a Western Digital Scorpio Blue 160 gb harddrive. I went to the Western Digital website and downloaded Western Digital Data LifeGuard Diagnostic - DLGDIAG for Windows - Version 1.09b. I tried to run this 3 times and everytime in the middle of this the computer reboots itself. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

if you want to find out wether or not hte hard drive is bad boot from outside the OS using something like Hirens boot disk or UBCD (ultimate boot disk) both free once burned boot with the disks and utilize the tools on them to test the hdd. Do not automaticaly assume the hard drive is bad unless you are willing to shell out the money replace it and lose any data contained on it. BTW the discs should allow you to back up data if the hdd is bad. Let me know if this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back