Western Digital My Book Essential Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased and installed a Clover Electronics Surveillance system for my business. This has an internal 500 GB hard drive. One of the ways that I can view the information that it is saving is to copy it to a USB which seems to work OK using a USB stick. But I can’t put much on one, so I ordered a Western Digital My Book Essential 500 GB external drive. The system will not recognize it. I tried the WD on my laptop and desktop – it seems to work perfectly on there – so believe it is something with the Clover system. I called Clover support, they had no idea why it wasn’t working, said it should work as soon as I plugged it in – but of course it doesn’t. His only thought was maybe because the HD was the newest model. Anyone had any experience with this type of problem?

Not sure the relevance and how much the Clover system acts like (or is actually based on) a Windows PC but here's a thread i've been working on to solve why the USB external drive no longer appears when connected to a Windows XP PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back