TechSpot

Western Digital

By SonechaT
Aug 7, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a 500GB wester digital hard drive. I had backed up my pc before reformatting. I then bought a new pc. I want to get all my vidz, music and pics off it, But there arent a lot of file in it. It says that 202GB of 465G is free , but the files+folders in the hard drive only add up to 4.57gb. I realy need these files as they are my last and only back up. Is there a way to get to it or get them off. please help, or my family will kill me, I had about 14000 photos on there.
  2. Ultiweap

Ultiweap TS Enthusiast Posts: 742

Check if the files are not hidden or crypted...

For that go to the HDD on my computer.

Start->My Computer->Tools(on toolbar)->Folder option->View->Select - Show hidden files and folders
  3. SonechaT

SonechaT TS Rookie Topic Starter

I ahev already set it ti show hidden files
  4. Ultiweap

That a little abnormal that you do not see the file. Try to put the HDD on another computer and check if you see the files...
  5. SonechaT

SonechaT TS Rookie Topic Starter

I connected the hard drive to my new dell xps 420 which i gt 2 days ago and to a laptop aswell
  6. Ultiweap

Still the same results...

Then how did you make the reformatting of your PC???
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.