TechSpot

What 2012 games are you excited about?

By GeforcerFX
Jul 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I know we are over half way through the year already. But most large title games are released later in the year. Just wondering what games everyone is looking forward too?

A few on my list are
    Prototype 2
    ARMA 3
    PlanetSide 2

I am skeptical of NFS MW's remake since I loved the first game, after what they did to Hot pursuit and all IDK if I am gonna buy the new one.

2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,941   +725

STALKER: Lost Alpha mod (September) - not a new game per se, but a complete conversion
    The War Z

Most of the games I'd look at buying are slated for 2013 release

3. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 331   +49

Mod looks good, I bought all the stalkers last year still need too play through them all.

4. Dawn1113

Dawn1113 TS Booster Posts: 375   +64

I'm looking forward to Far Cry 3. I believe the release date was moved from September this year to early December.

5. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 604   +106

Borderlands 2 and Resident Evil 6 for 2012. But I'm most psyched to be waiting for Grand Theft Auto V, perhaps the release date is next year.

6. Dawn1113

Dawn1113 TS Booster Posts: 375   +64

I'm a big ARMA fan myself. I actually think it's the best FPS out there. Bad news, though, as I hear the release date for ARMA III was moved again, this time to 2013. I'm sure the guys over a Bohemia had good reason to postpone, though.

The footage I've seen on Youtube look very promising, by the way. Haven't made any missions lately, so the I expect a little rust with the codes and all. I do have a fairly thick notebook full of editing tricks on my desk. I'm hoping the codes on ARMA III won't be too different from ARMA II.

7. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TS Booster Posts: 808   +51

Enough said. No words for this....

[​IMG]

8. Alpha Gamer

Alpha Gamer TS Booster Posts: 260   +48

I'm really excited about Sleeping Dogs, Dark Souls, Resident Evil 6, Assassins Creed III and the new Tomb Raider. I was really interested in Ghost Recon Future Soldier, but I've been reading about it being broken in every possible aspect.

9. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

I'm excited to see a few games in the latter half of this year, doubt I'll get them all on release though considering I'm still working on 2011 lol.

Orcs Must Die! 2
    Torchlight 2
    Borderlands 2
    Guild Wars 2
    Far Cry 3
    Tomb Raider
    Dark Souls

F2P List

Planet Side 2
    End of Nations
    Mech Warrior Online
    Hawken

For consoles, Halo 4, I'm sadly a sucker for Halo games and been a fan since I first read about it over a decade ago.

Games I’m excited about but don't think I'll be seeing them this year :( .

Nexus 2
    Natural Selection 2

Hmm...long list...I need to tone down on the gaming :p .

10. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,356   +283

I'd have to go with:

Borderlands 2
    Guild Wars 2
    Hawken if it actually comes out this year.

11. DjKraid

DjKraid TS Maniac Posts: 638   +14

Borderlands 2 - can't wait....I WANT IT NAO :D

12. Samwise

Samwise TS Rookie

borderlands II
    Hitman absolution
    halo 4 for consoles
    n also diablo III!!

13. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,281   +157

Darksiders 2.

First one was unexpectedly awesome.

14. DjKraid

DjKraid TS Maniac Posts: 638   +14

Best quote ever xD I got it...last night...but now I have for steam to release it :{

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.