What a mess, Windows can't run any application anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

altair9

Hello, I was running the "preliminary procedure...."...
I run SmitFraudFix in SAFE MODE, then in NORMAL MODE I run its option number 5: about remove the DNS Hijacks.

Then I run Vundofix and COMMODO Firewall PRO stopped it. I told it to run it as an "isolated application", but nothing.

I run COMMODO Firewall PRO settings and created "a new trusted application", browsing towards the Vundofix file... and there the Chaos!

The mess!

Any application I launch.... I hear the error sound and a message that tell me (translated from italian...) about: "it isn't a Win32 valid application".

I can't run NOTHING!

I shutdown the COMMODO Firewall.
Tried to re-launch: SAME ERROR!

I powered off the computer.
Power on: boot: it doesn't run the COMMODO Firewall at startup and also other apps.... I click on any icon: SAME ERROR!

Windows become totally useless!

It works.

I run in SAFE MODE prompt mode. ctrl-alt-canc and "run"... I run Comodo and it has been launched.

I don't know that options-labyrinth... but I found a button like this (about):

Look for installation problems... I clicked on it and it told me that it detected some problems, asking me to solve them.

I said "YES!!!!" and in a bit of seconds it told me that the problems have been solved and that I had to reboot.

I made it... and now I'm going to see what's happened....

PS: before making this, I unchecked the "load firewall with windows startup" (about) to let windows run WITHOUT comodo (I hope...).

Nothing... it doesn't work!

No apps can be launched.

I can only run the programs in safe mode.

But my problem is that I don't know comodo Firewall pro (i installed it yesterday!).

So all its settings are a labyrinth for me.... any advices?

Thank you very much.

Solved!!!

In Safe Mode I uninstalled Comodo Firewall Pro: and now it works!

I re-installed it.

Thank you very much, expecially for your safe mode advice Blind Dragon.

No problem good job basically solving this on your own, how is the preliminary removal instructions coming along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back