What about 2 Power Supply Units, PSUs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

king21092

Well I'm currently clocking out with 13 fans in my system, many are stock, but include some bay fans. Anyway I was wandering if two PSU's would do the job, and if so, how could you set it up.

Would the PC be sitting with its side off while the wires run in or out?

Would it put through water cooling ports, on the back on the case?

Is there a special "self standing" case out there built especially for PSU's that are outside the case?

Any of these questions being answered would help.

Just get a bigger wattage PSU (and a good one)
Note I have no idea what PSU wattage you presently have, or how that co-incides with the amount watts used by your hardware (ie multiple fans)
But PSU can go all the way to Kilo watts

Well honestly, I've had a problem with my PCU heatsink fan stop working at any given time. It seems to go out less when less wattage is being used, seems like that is. I can only assume its the amount of wattage..

NOTE: Since I've unplugged my 6 bay fans, it goes out W@Y less than it did when everything was plugged in.

Well here's the (predictable) reply to that

Replace the CPU Fan (or update it to a better CPU fan)

I don't believe you are using over 1Kwatt

Two PSUs would work, but be a waste of money. Your system doesn't use more than 500W at most, with all your fans. Get a new PSU and you should be fine. What PSU are you currently using BTW?

Currently I am using a Xclion 850W
Powerful.Stable.Silent.

I'm glad you asked me what PSU I'm using, b/c that reminded me that I sent back my old 1000W a while back and using an 850W

Your PSU is an excellent one, so I fail to see the problem with power. Have you tried changing the CPU cooler?

CPU cooler?
Do you mean the HSF?
I'm planning on getting a new one anyway, because the stock HSF that came with the processor is said to perform lower than most expectations and doesn't always fit onto the motherboard easily. For instance, my board probably bent more than half an inch when I tryed installing the HSF, along with the processor itself, since LGA 775 processors are meant to be pushed in tightly, to have a very good connections between pins/motherboard.

Ok, thats what I was thinking, but needed some checking first.
Anyway, do you all know any top-notch HSF that are under $75?
That should be a good price range.

Thermalright's Ultra-120 eXtreme, ZeroTHERM's Nirvana NV120, Tuniq's Tower 120 and OCZ's Vendetta 2 are excellent heatsinks in that price range, with the TRUE and Vendetta 2 being the pick of the lot, followed by the Tuniq Tower 120 and lastly, the NV120. Also consider the Xigmatek HDT-S1283, Thermalright's Ultima-90 and the Thermalright Ultra-120 as cheaper alternatives.

Equally important is the fan. If you can find one, get a Panaflo L1A. It's the best 120mm fan out there, period. Alternatives include the Scythe SFF21F, the Scythe Kaze Jyuni "Slipstream" and the Yate Loon D12SM-12 (basically a differently-colored Nexus fan).

1250w PSU's exist and are generally the highest wattage PSU you can put in a standard 15amp outlet. But you should honestly be able to run 50 more fans in there if you want (not saying to, just making a point) most take very little wattage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back