What Anti Virus Software Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys.
My name is Seth but i'll go by Ghotto on here. I'm new to this board and I was directed here from a friend of mine that said you guys were friendly and will probably solve my problem.

Anyway I'll cut to the chase, I have a virus on my computer and I have no idea how to get rid of it, Im not good with computers so I was hoping you guys could help. I pretty sure that anti virus software will get rid of it, but my question is...Which one is best? Im looking for one that is Free, Reliable and easy to use. Any information is apreciated. Thanks guys and happy new year.

-Ghotto`:monkey:

Welcome to TS!!! Your friend was correct! This is the best site on the web!

I would recommend you download AVG. Its free and pretty reliable. Also you may want to use the search feature of this site to see what others say. This topic has been covered many times here!

Below is the link.....

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

Thank you for your help! I'm currently downloading it, I'll see how it goes, thanks again.

-Ghotto:monkey:

there are plenty of good free AVs out there.
I use norton corporate (Free for DOD employees).
Also AVG is good and FREE.
there are others out there.

F-Prot AV for (all versions of Windows) (not free :() and Peerguardian 2 to detect stuff that trying to get into the PC (freeware :))

I use AVG anti malware (not the free version). I also have a hardware based firewall built out of an old AMD K6-3 550mhz system.

There are many good anti-viruses out there. I, personally, do not recommend Norton; though it used to be a very good anti virus. These days, Bitdefender, Alarmzone, Kaspersky (very good), and NOD32, and others are good, but NOD32 is the one I prefer especially if you have the fix in order to get it to work and update for over 30 days :)

Hi, I'm new here - call me Mike.
I like NOD32 (about price of Norton's, etc.).
I tried the 30 day free Kaspersky trial but it
was a MAJOR problem to uninstall it!

Hello!
I can agree with the former recommendations. Antivir/Avira (http://www.free-av.com) is free and ok (but I think, it takes some CPU/MEM ressources). Very nice is the DOS version of F-prot: good for rescue disks and free. Kaspersky is also very good as it uses two different search engines. But my favorite is Bitdefender which is unfortunately not free.
Cheers!

Well, for me, I've been using norton for many years, maybe 5 or more. But after i found that it is not immune to spyware, i mean, till version 2003, I switched to ZoneAlarm Security Suite. Current versions of Norton, I guess, have that support capability against spywares, but i heard that it might sometimes fail to remove them.

The benefit in ZonaAlarm Sec. Suite is that its smaller in size, lower RAM usage (i really believe and guess so), it's a package of programs: AntiVirus, AntiSpyware and, a very good Firewall that keeps an eye on every program trying to access the internet or anything TRYING to gain access to your PC from the outside world, any program trying to make ANY STRANGE OR WEIRD action on your PC.

I think it's really good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back