What are thse registry entries?

By coolink
May 15, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I´ve been looking into the registry and found these 2 entries "COHMON" and "COMON" at Local Machine/Software. I don´t know what are they.

Is there any way to know which soft these entries are related to?
  2. coolink

coolink Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 34

Is it from Norton internet Security?
  3. drpepper55

drpepper55 TechSpot Member Posts: 67

Google does not bring up anything for either expression. If you suspect it might be from Norton, look in your program files and the folder in there for Norton and see if anything with those names or close to those names is in there. Also see if you can tell a date for those registry keys and see if they match the date on your Norton having been installed. Best to you...
  4. HughJass

HughJass Newcomer, in training Posts: 137

I don't know what it is, but you can find out if its necessary by running a registry cleaner. something like Abexo Free Registry Cleaner would do
  5. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,040   +223

scanning thru the registry, it appears that these are items which enable multiple users
    on the same machine to use the installed software; ie -- things in common across users.
  6. coolink

coolink Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 34

OK, Thanks for the answers. I´ll search more to see If i can find what they are...
  7. CCT

CCT Newcomer, in training Posts: 3,556

Run a HijackThis and see if they appear.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.