What can one use Adobe Illustrator for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do tons and tons of scale sketching of vehicles, cities, worlds, platforms, and other things for my RPG group, but what can Illustrator CS3 be used for? I cant seem to understand it's tools and what is it's purpose? Is it better suited to do outline drawings and scale drawings of things?

Thanks

my gf uses it a fair bit for her uni course on graphic design ... she mostly uses it for illustration (surprisingly)
its a good way if cell shading things aswell

but from my attempts at it it seems if you have photoshop you dont really need illustrator

illustrator seems to be aimed more at people with tablets etc and who want to sketch as opposed to photoshop which is better for enhancing existing pictures

could be wrong tho

sorry i cant be more help

my gf uses it a fair bit for her uni course on graphic design ... she mostly uses it for illustration (surprisingly)
its a good way if cell shading things aswell

but from my attempts at it it seems if you have photoshop you dont really need illustrator

illustrator seems to be aimed more at people with tablets etc and who want to sketch as opposed to photoshop which is better for enhancing existing pictures

could be wrong tho

sorry i cant be more help

Thank you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back