What constitutes a strong PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again!

I hear the term "strong PC" all over the internet. What constitutes a strong PC? I know that this is a very general and very broad topic, but in general, how could we decide if a computer is 'strong'?

If I want to buy a new computer, and want it to be a 'strong PC', what features would I look for? What are some examples of 'strong PCs'?

Thanks a lot!

"Strong" would be defined by the your requirements from your PC. For example, a computer which is 'strong' for general computing and multitasking may not be so 'strong' when it comes to gaming.

In general, a computer should be 'strong' in all aspects if it is a good gaming system. In that case you would require:

1. A powerful (dual/ triple/ quad core) CPU along with a solid motherboard
2. Good quality memory modules (4GB or more at this time)
3. PSU (approx. 650W) from a respectable and trusted brand
4. A case (mid or full tower) with good airflow
5. A good and fast HDD (an SSD if you have a lot of cash to spare)

Thanks for the information!

What are some examples of good laptops? I will be graduating to college pretty soon and am looking into buying a new laptop. What brands are good for both gaming and general computing? Or, since I am not a major gamer, what are some brands or laptop models which are good for multitasking and general ?

IBM, Toshiba and ASUS are generally extremely reliable. You could also look into this company called M-Tech. They supposedly make exceptional products.

Lenovo, Dell and Toshiba are brands I've found to be reliable. HP's upper-mid-range products are good as well; avoid the rest.

depends on the application.
A gaming PC requires a robust processor and graphics card and ample ram.
a strong applications pc would just require a decent processor (cpu) and large display for productivity
anything else a low end computer can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back