What controls do you use for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellokitty[hk]

What controls do you all use when you game (fps style)?

I used w,a,s,d to move for a while, then I switched to e,s,d,f.

I use the scrolly wheel (mwheelup, mwheeldown) to scroll through weapons, and I also use the number keys (1,2,3,4,5...) as well.

I have one mouse button set to pick a flash (44) assuming i have an HE grenade and another one on just the first nade (4).

Im also trying to figure out better keys to use for weapons as im trying to learn to bunny hop in CS:S :).

so...What do you use?

For the most part, in any game I play, I use W,A,S,D for movement, The number keys on top of the keyboard for weapons, in some cases I will use C, and E for crouch or reload (depending on game). Then of course the mouse and standard (as opposed to inverted) axis and the wheel for weapons crolling if available.

Im normally just pwning 1st person shooters....Yep default movement keys (WASD)

R- Reload
Ctrl- Prone
LShift - Crouch
MB1- Shoot/Attack
MB 2 - Scope/Aim
Middle MB - Knife/Grenades

1234 etc-Weapons

I use a G15 Keyboard but i wont go into what each G key does but my favourite G key is No.1...Macro goes Pull grenade,throw grenade, pull Flash, throw flash, Pull grenade throw grenade, then back to primary weapon all with pressing one key AWESOME :)

You know, most "pwners" usually suck?

Anyway, my Movement Keys are default WASD, but I really only play CS:S online, and it's this:

Jump: Mouse wheel down
Crouch: CTRL
Walk: Shift
Change weapons: Mouse buttons 4 and 5

mouse: left and right button for firing,scroll is weapon switch, mouse movement is look (all driections)

keyboard:arrow buttons (up/foward,down/backwards,left/strife left,right/strife left),right ctrl (usually jump),right shift (usually crouch),enter/use

any other buttons i use i dont pay attention till im playing single player

that my key schema

I'm a current CAL-IM Awper.

Movement: WASD
Duct: CTRL
Walk: Shift
Change Weapons: number keys

STEAM ID: 0:1:11320521

CPL Mouse Fix: Yes
Mouse DPI: 800
Zoom Ratio: 0.67
In-Game Sensitivity: 2.5
Windows Sensitivity: Default
Smooth Mouse: Off
In-Game Resolution: 1280x960

STEAM ID: 0:1:11320521

Mouse DPI: 800
Zoom Ratio: 0.67
In-Game Sensitivity: 2.5
In-Game Resolution: 1280x960

Hmm thats right, i forgot.

STEAM ID: i don't like steam :p

Mouse DPI: 2500 (most of the time).
Zoom Ratio: 1
In - Game Sensitivity: 7.00
In - Game Resolution: 1920 x 1200

Random pub player: SMG, AK/M4a1(preffered), pistol, scout.

In - Game Sensitivity: 7.00
In - Game Resolution: 1920 x 1200

WOW you must have no single pixel aiming. You should really lower your sensitivity.

Mouse Guide said:
This changes your mouse sensitivity... pure preference obviously. The only tips I can suggest is don't put it over 13 on 640x480, 10 on 800x600, 8 on 1024x768, or 7 on 1280x1024, or 5 on 1600x1200 or you'll for sure lose single pixel accuracy. You want to avoid pixel skipping if at all possible.

heh...well, i have a 1625 DPI setting for long range, yeah i know i have high sensitivity. Does CSS interpolate? Like, 800 pixels for one inch on a 400 dpi mouse? I think im WAY to used to that sensitivity. I generally get nearly perfect "swipes" and stuff like that. I suppose i could use all of my mouse's hardware sensitivity then calculate everything and get the sensitivity the same with a lower in game sensitivity. Plus i don't think i could physically move my mouse enough at lower sensitivities lol.

Actaully, i don't notice any major pixel skiping. Not really. Not that ive payed much attention.

BTW, my aim is off now because i havn't played regularly for a while :/.

EDIT:
Ok, went through some formulas, changed my mouse to 4000 DPI, and now my sensitivity is 4.375, yes according to your quote, this still could cause pixel skipping but, its better...I didn't notice too much because i used to play on double windows sensitivity with a 800 DPI mouse. That was pixel skipping.

I'm left-handed and as such use the arrow keys for movement, the mouse for looking and the buttons for fire/alt fire, wheel for scrolling through weapons.
I use the numpad to for things like crouch and prone.
R/ctr = jump
r/shft = run
pgdn = use
Enter = melee
delete - nade or similar

The above are always the same config whatever fps game i play.

for the record, controllers suck! keyboard and mouse FTW !! \o/

True true, i get flamed a lot for declaring that "consoles suck" because of their epic failness of controls. Too many people simple don't understand, what like, ≈ 1/3 of a second second to aim at something in your view and at least ≈ 2/3 of a second to shoot someone behind you is simply far too slow for any game that doesn't involve slow moving plasma projectiles and recharging shields...They just haven't played at a competitive enough level to understand >.>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back