What cool stuff did you do today?

St1ckM4n

Heyo.

Following on from the success of What'd you buy yourself today? I thought it'd be a neat idea to expand this to cover more areas. :)

While you purchase something cool, post it in the thread above. But if you then use it to do something cool (a case mod, holiday snaps, video of driving etc) you should post to this thread!

Looking forward to seeing what cool stuff people do around the world. :)

Played through the first half of "Race w/ the Devil on Spanish Highway" at about 70% of the album speed and was able to do it in time, with clean picking. A minor victory on the guitar front.

I played Mario Kart 8 on the weekend. :D Lots of fun.

How does it compare with its predecessors? I haven't been too interested in the franchise since Mario Kart 64 (one of my all time favorite games), but I've heard nothing but good things about MK8. Is it a system seller?

It probably will be a system seller. I have at least one friend who bought console for it, and know of 3-4 others via Internet community. Also Nintendo is giving away your choice of 10 games as a free download with purchase of MK8, so it's pushing it.

I haven't played anything since 64 either, so I don't know the history. Apparently it's a highly polished version, bringing together the good stuff from the previous titles.

From playing it for maybe 4-5+ hours now:
  • It looks good.
  • Good music - orchestra etc.
  • Powerups and race features are good, and it takes more skill/testing to get good.
  • If you're in first, it's not such an advantage anymore. Anyone can come in and win the race at any time.
  • It's kinda worrysome that I look at my time with Mario Kart 64 and can honestly say that 64 more than holds up against a 2014 version .... 64 version was more cute and lovable IMO.
  • There's no battle arena. You do battle on tracks, which is kinda lame I think. Haven't played that yet.

I went on my first night-ride. Also my first time at the local mountain bike track. Some interesting times resulted. :p

I went on my first night-ride. Also my first time at the local mountain bike track. Some interesting times resulted. :p

That looks like a ton of fun. I haven't been on a bike in years and your video makes me want to spontaneously drop some coin on one.

Tonight, I finished a 16-page essay. There was formatting, lists, a reference page, section titles. There was even a flipping abstract! It. Was. Epic. (Yeah... There's really no way to spice that up.)

Over the weekend I traveled out of state, mountain biked including a 'skills course', went to a college football game, camped, mountain biked some more, played disc golf and then drove home.

Just built my folks a new system and I get to deliver it to them tomorrow. Well worth the 4 hour round trip.

I woke up, looked at a CL chart all morning, played a little Inquisition, read, took a nap, ate, and posted this.

It's cool because it is.

Back