What do I need to have my laptop screen show on my HDTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor

I want to play my old games on my laptop, and I want to bring it to my TV but also new at this sort of thing.

Please recommend me what parts i need to make it possible

thanks

It's relatively easy to connect a laptop to an HDTV and there are many ways to do it. I didn't feel like writing them all up so I googled a simple guide. It just acts as a big monitor which is real nice and simple :) .

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Guide---Connecting-Your-Laptop-to-HDTV-Or-TV&id=1843226

Make sure you find the correct connection you need (HDMI, DVI, VGA or S-Video). I personally use VGA/RCA cables for my hookup and use it for family pictures and videos. I'm not sure how good the quality of games will be on your HDTV with a laptop but you said they were old so I'd think it be alright. If you're having performance issues you'll know why.

Hope that helps :D .

PS: If you don't feel comfortable ordering the cables you need online since you live in Hawaii most retail electronic stores care them (eg. Best Buy, Fry's, CompUSA, etc). Also Hawaii is awesome been there a couple times, wish I lived there :D .

very nice advice mate : )

appreciate it.

Its freezing cold at night in Hawaii atm, but nothing beat a nice surf in the beach in the morning xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back