TechSpot

What do you consider an Active Member?

By cfitzarl
Dec 19, 2006
Post New Reply
  1. I was just looking at the site details, and >15,000 active members are listed. I was just wondering what you consider an active member (i.e how much activity in one span of time?)?

2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Atleast 1 post in a month :D

3. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

I would consider Howard an ACTIVE member ;)

4. TimeParadoX

Yeah he his post average is 500,000 per day... Dont believe me look at this screenie:

PS. actual screenshot, I didnt edit with Photoshop

Attached Files:

5. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

whoa crap.. 500,000,000.99!

I think Howard could be even happier if he saw that on his bank statement when he gets it at the end of the month..... in $USD :D

I only rack up 6 and a bit...

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,682   +392

I see:
    Currently Active Users: 1034 (13 members and 1021 guests)
    Threads: 60,933, Posts: 364,793, Members: 57,889, Active Members: 13,247

7. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,975   +9

Hmm, I could have sworn it said between 15,000-16,000 yesterday for active members, oh well :suspiciou

8. TimeParadoX

Yeah... Howard post so much that he posted more then the site says ;)

9. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,429   +27

Nah I think it registers him editing others' posts as his "own" post so most of the post count may actually be edits of others' posts.

10. TimeParadoX

No I dont think it does that because it still says it's their post by their name

I think it's because he was probably like the earlier members that joined, Plus when he is loged on he answers like 1000 Security threads ;)

11. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Nope, not true. When I edit someones post, it`s still their post and doesn`t go on to my post count.

My post count is all my very own lol.

Timeparadox: Nice photoshop edit BTW lol.

I joined Techspot in August of 2004. I`ve not been around anywhere near as long as some of our other members who`ve been here since 2002.

As for the 13,247 active members, I`m not sure what that means exactly. Maybe Julio could tell us the answer to what constitutes an active member.

Regards Howard :)

12. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

So whom are the oldest members that have been around the longest? Just out of curiosity. And what ever happened to 'BoeingFixer'?

13. howard_hopkinso

You can find BoeingFixer`as last post HERE. It was from October of this year.

As for members who`ve been here the longest, there`s lot`s of them.

Phantasm66/Nodsu/Rick/Didou just to name a few. If you have the time and patience take a look HERE.

14. halo71

Must have missed that post! ;)

Lets not forget RBS and SNGX now....

15. howard_hopkinso

I did say "just to name a few" I couldn`t possibly have named all the members who have been here the longest, but yes, you`re quite right our very own SNGX is certainly one of them lol(sorry for missing you out SNGX:blush: ).

I believe RBS joined a little later in 2003 and was a big contributer to our forums for a long time.

16. nickslick74

nickslick74 TS Rookie Posts: 575

Sweet, I cracked the top 100!

17. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

And longer than that, this one replaced the old forum on 8th February 2002. I joined earlier, can't remember if it was 2000 or 2001.

18. howard_hopkinso

That would be in the days of the old 3dspotlight wouldn`t it?

19. halo71

Did you notice that uncleel's title is a runner? I thought those were not used anymore!

20. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

I'm just going to go hide in a corner now.

It's almost where I've been for quite a while. It seems my time for posting has gone kaput.

Anywho, as Mict says most of the mods have been around since 2000 or before. I think I joined in 2000, SNGX in 1999 (The only reason I know that is we went to college together and he got hooked on 3dspotlight...now techspot)

21. TimeParadoX

Yeah I know ;)

22. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,682   +392

A lot longer than 2002. Thats just when this version of the board was created. We switched from a Jawbreaker board to vbullitin and the posts and join date weren't able to be switched. Before Jawbreaker we were on uBB. I joined back in the uBB days, Dec 1999 I believe.

Nearly everyone with a join date of Feb 2002 was around with the old boards and switched over. Only a few of us are still around from the uBB days.

23. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 425

I used to be quite active on the board, but I've been really busy and don't find much time to post. My posting record shows I haven't been posting here much since Mid-September.

24. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,975   +9

I tapped in at #59!

25. howard_hopkinso

So, what does constitute an Active member?

Far be it for me to bump a really old thread, but I didn`t see any reason to start a new thread for this question. ;)

I would like to know exactly what constitutes an Active member? I don`t believe this question has ever been answered. Well, certainly not to my knowledge.

Taken from HERE.

Threads: 86,285, Posts: 523,137, Members: 84,145, Active Members: 13,917

I know it`s not that important, but it`s something I`d like to know the answer to.