What do you mean by "NTLDR Missing"?

Dear friends,
What do you mean by "NTLDR Missing"???
I get this message at the time I start my PC.
Below this message, there is a message saying:"Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to Restart"
I press Ctrl+Alt+Del, and the computer restarts.
I still did not understand the meaning of the statement: "NTLDR Missing"???

It means that one of the files needed to boot is missing or corrupted - you can repair this using an install/recovery disk for your operating system.

NTLDR an acronym:- NT LoaDeR. This is the component that LOADS the kernel into memory.

So what should I do further???
Is this of any kind of serious issue.
How to rectify it???
Well, if the machine won't boot, wouldn't you consider that serious?

The easiest thing to do, is as Pan Wah suggests, do a repair install of Windows. Put the Windows disc into the DVD drive, shut down the machine, reboot, and follows the prompts to "repair Windows".

This is an old thread, but some info is still relevant, have a look: https://www.techspot.com/community/...-if-you-are-unable-to-boot-into-windows.8356/

Ntldr missing is something to do with .dll is missing...you can repair it by using it's windows operating system cd.

Ntldr missing is something to do with .dll is missing...you can repair it by using it's windows operating system cd.
OK Junior, while your enthusiasm is much appreciated, what you're doing here is, "digging up bones".

Anyway, welcome to Techspot, but make sure you start checking the dates on these threads.

Back