1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

What does mobile computing mean to you?

By Joelliane ยท 5 replies
Jun 23, 2010
  1. Need help for my technology and engineering assignment! Please define MOBILE COMPUTING!!! Best definition gets 10 points!

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +10

Any communication away from home or office, for which no wires are connected to an unmovable object.

3. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,437   +145

Thats a...silly(?) assignment?
    Overpriced and weak, is my definition, i've also not needed a laptop/mobile computing device yet so.

4. netbookguide

netbookguide TS Rookie

Agree with raybay, but would add an attempt to minimize weight.

That's a personal point, since a 5.5 lb laptop really gave me back aches, and I really didn't need all that computing power away from home or office.

5. hughva

hughva TS Rookie Posts: 58

I would also add that "communication" is not necessarily part of the definition. There are many situations that require mobile computing, but don't require internet access.

Mobile Computing: Any situation involving the use of a portable computing device with a self-contained power supply.

6. Kiwi20710

Kiwi20710 TS Rookie

@hellokitty[hk]
    I couldn't Agree more, it becomes even more saddening when mobile technology is used to make an All-In-One PC, Like the Gateway One (Which I'm using).

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.