TechSpot

What driver should I use for this gaphics card?

By cyanidemonkey
Jan 29, 2005
  1. I have just got a comp which I had to add a FDD, HDD and ram to get going. It has a 1.7 Celron, mobo and a grapics card.

I've installed Win2k and am now tring to figure out what driver I need for the g/card is. All I can find printed on it is:

ATI comodo 7000
    Manufactured by Dream Media MDS CO. Ltd. Korea

When I do a google search on 'ATI comodo 7000' I don't get much. Looks like a pretty old card, not that flash looking, I don't even know how much Mb it has on it.

Any advice would be good.

2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

Well, I don't know what a Comodo is, but "ATI" and "7000" tips me off that it might be an ATI Radeon 7000. Many manufacturers have used the Radeon 7000 chipset and designed their own graphics board using the technology.

That also means, if it is indeed a Radeon 7000, that you can use the Catalyst drivers found here. www.ati.com

3. cyanidemonkey

cyanidemonkey TS Rookie Topic Starter

Cheers

Thanks Rick,

Will try the ATI website driver.
    I usally use nVidia but this was a freebee and I thought I'd try and get it going.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.