What happened 6-16-2008?

By red1776
May 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Athe bottom of the forum page It says "most users ever online was 6/16/2008" and that 7000+ people visited that day, or were online at the same time, I'm not sure which. Anywho, from the daily list of visitors I have seen nearly every day since then It appears that that number has never been close to being matched. I am curious if anyone knows if their was a specific news event, release or something that happened that day? or was it just raining everywhere?
  2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,020   +83 Staff Member

I've seen that and asked myself the same question a few times. I have no idea what happened on June 16, 2008. Maybe Julio has some insight.
  3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,444   +269

From what I can tell, Microsoft's messenger stopped working for a few hours and we ranked high on Google for a solution. Of course, we couldn't help it since the network was temporarily down but people were looking for potential issues.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.