What happened to game demos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasgmc

You used to be able to play a demo for almost every game but now it seems like no one is putting them out anymore. There's no way I'm paying $50-60 for a game if I cant play it first.

You used to be able to play a demo for almost every game but now it seems like no one is putting them out anymore. There's no way I'm paying $50-60 for a game if I cant play it first.

i noticed that as well Vegas, i concluded that they figured out it didn't aid in sales, as with anything i suppose you can follow the money and it will tell you why they do,or do not do anything.

yea , they can sell a crap game on the back of a good trailer and plenty of hype easy with clever marketing .

Well the developers wont be making extra money from me. If I cant play a demo of a game I want, I just wait and get it cheap on Ebay or when Steam has a sale. I got Bioshock for $10, Prey and Stalker for $6. I hope someone sells their copy of Wolfenstein soon! Ive got a new Radeon 4890 that hasn't broken a sweat yet.

well you could try out what i do....pick a game review site you trust, and a reviewer that has the same genre interest you do.

I rent games out quite a bit , for only 8 euro I get it for 7 nights , most game only last 4 or 5 days unless I'm working , the video store that rents them gets new releases on the release day , I got Batman Arkham Asylum friday for the week and I'll take this opportunity to say its brilliant , last week I played Wolfenstein which was also brilliant , check out your video store for rentals .

Its not easy finding a good review site, I saw a video review of wolfenstein , not a great review , the guy was saying how doors get stuck and how when reloading the crosshair moves , I thought the game was gonna be crap , but it was brilliant , I had none of those issues .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back