What happened to game demos?

By vegasgmc
Aug 29, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You used to be able to play a demo for almost every game but now it seems like no one is putting them out anymore. There's no way I'm paying $50-60 for a game if I cant play it first.
  2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,867   +74

i noticed that as well Vegas, i concluded that they figured out it didn't aid in sales, as with anything i suppose you can follow the money and it will tell you why they do,or do not do anything.
  3. Twister123

Twister123 Newcomer, in training Posts: 219

yea , they can sell a crap game on the back of a good trailer and plenty of hype easy with clever marketing .
  4. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,763

Well the developers wont be making extra money from me. If I cant play a demo of a game I want, I just wait and get it cheap on Ebay or when Steam has a sale. I got Bioshock for $10, Prey and Stalker for $6. I hope someone sells their copy of Wolfenstein soon! Ive got a new Radeon 4890 that hasn't broken a sweat yet.
  5. red1776

well you could try out what i do....pick a game review site you trust, and a reviewer that has the same genre interest you do.
  6. Twister123

I rent games out quite a bit , for only 8 euro I get it for 7 nights , most game only last 4 or 5 days unless I'm working , the video store that rents them gets new releases on the release day , I got Batman Arkham Asylum friday for the week and I'll take this opportunity to say its brilliant , last week I played Wolfenstein which was also brilliant , check out your video store for rentals .
  7. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,763

I didnt know you could rent PC games. I thought you could only rent console games.
  8. Twister123

I haven't seen pc games , only console games .
  9. red1776

10. Twister123

Its not easy finding a good review site, I saw a video review of wolfenstein , not a great review , the guy was saying how doors get stuck and how when reloading the crosshair moves , I thought the game was gonna be crap , but it was brilliant , I had none of those issues .
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.