What happened to my internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so yesterday I get home from soccer practice expecting to go online with my laptop and it won't let me. It says I don't have a connection. My wi-fi is on and everything. I clicked "diagnose why windows can't find any networks and it said, "this computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and configured." My internet was working fine 2 days ago! I checked for driver updates and scanned for viruses and even did the ipconfig/release and renew thing. I have widows vista and get internet through a wireless adapter, if that helps.

Same old reply again

Why don't you call the Company you pay for Internet Service ?
:rolleyes:
Why do you suspect drivers ? For what do you think you need them ?
:confused:

Have you tried just resetting your modem and router? If you unplug them both for around 30 seconds, plug the modem back in and wait for all its little lights to come back on (usually about another 30 seconds) and then plug in your router, you might be able to connect to the internet again. If not, try restarting your computer after the reset.

If you are still getting the "no network adapter" message, look at the network connections listed in control panel. Post back what you see there, and tell me what OS you're using.

zipperman said:
Why don't you call the Company you pay for Internet Service ?
:rolleyes:
Why do you suspect drivers ? For what do you think you need them ?
:confused:

Many ISPs are quick to blame issues on hardware, and tell you there's nothing that can be done from their end. (Or that they'll be happy to send over a technician... But if they find out that it's not directly linked to their service they charge $$$, and from what I understand, don't actually repair whatever the real problem is.)

Edit: Also, the suggestion that she was wrong in posting on this forum for advice and should "just ask someone else" is hardly a great suggestion, and would have been better coupled with an "I have no idea what your problem is."

Can you have a look in the device manager & see if the wireless module appears there ? It could have been disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back