What is a good free firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Online Armour in a recent review ranks just a bit higher than zone alarm due to a few extra features as well as it captures viruses and malware found "In the wild" a little sooner than the others

I use Comodo and love it. It also comes with malware protection and the latest version is easy to use, and highly customizable as well.

So yeah Comodo is good :)

So yeah Comodo is good :)
It has anti virus and everything :) And Spyware cleaner
I just installed it. Antivir Antivirus was messing with one of the games and now its fine.
Thanks a bunch :D

not at all

Doesnt a router pretty much make a firewall almost obsolete?

A router is pretty dumb compared to what a software firewall can do. For a simple example, your firewall lets you know about an attempt by newly-installed software to talk to somewhere on the internet. You can then approve or deny the attempt. Routers as a rule are not that smart.

Yes , but , as a rule , a software firewall can be bypassed when a router cannot without directly logging into the hardware and assigning rules. a router stops most internet background noise such as port scans etc without hogging up CPU usage.
Programs that you install or that get installed cannot act as a server unless you open the port manually on your router , with only a software firewall software can easily bypass your firewall.

I decided to remove firewall for now I use the vista one

I decided to remove firewall for now I use the vista one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back