What is a good wireless mouse?

Greg S

I took a look through the desktop buying guide and all the mouses were wired (yes, I know they are meant for gaming so they need to have fast responses). So, since I have been having a little trouble using the trackpad on my fairly old laptop, I am looking for a good wireless mouse. It cannot be bluetooth, because I don't have it. I am looking for preferably a laser mouse, with a small receiver. I don't really have any kind of price range. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great. Thanks.

I didn't have Bluetooth either so I got a USB->BT adaptor and a Targus mini-mouse
for my Toshiba laptop - - just love it.

The BT adaptor also goes well with my cellphone so I can more easily sync my contacts so it is a welcomed additional resource for the latptop.

USB Adaptor is IOGEAR Bluetooth 2.0 USB Micro Adapter ~$10

BT mini-mouse is Targus Wireless AMW46US ~$30

Thanks for the suggestion, I am quite willing to take a look at other choices before I make a purchase though. After doing a little research, does anyone have any experience with the logitech mice that use the "unifying" receiver? The reason I ask is because the receiver is absolutely tiny and all of the reviews I've seen have been pretty good for the most part.

I have the Logitech LX7 and it is absolutely the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. Battery life is insane too, with nearly daily use and no physical turning off (there is a button on the bottom if you want to really turn it off) I've had the battery life last more than 1 year. The receiver isn't exactly "tiny" but its no bigger than a lot of USB memory sticks.

http://www.reevoo.com/p/logitech-m180
This one uses 1 cell, which can be turned off using a switch underneath.
I have seen it for under £10 which is good value for a wireless mouse.
It gets very good user reviews, a good sign normally.
Best mouse I have used is a 4 year old Microsoft optical wireless 2.0, but the receiver is about the same size as the mouse, so not what you want !
It seems to be that the mice intended for mobile use, laptop/netbook, are smaller and use one cell for power, so are always lighter to carry around, e.g. Microsoft 3000, plus the wireless dongle part will clip into the base of the mouse for travelling, and that also switches the power off to save the cell.

Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000

Hi
I have a Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000 and the range is great and it moves very precisely and connected via bluetooth straight away. I would highly recommend this but they are not cheap mine cost £30 a few months ago, But if you think about its the main point of how you control your pc or laptop so i think its worth i have bought cheap in the past and they can work well for short time but soon degrade and get pauses

I use a logitech m215 very cheap and the tiniest receiver i have ever seen, you can leave it in the laptop.

I can further reinforce the M180 from Logitech. I pinch my wife's one when I go away with the Toshiba, it is a great little mouse with a great price tag!

Don't like small mice so I use Logitech's Performance Mouse MX. Fits in the front pocket of my laptop bag and the Unifying receiver is so small that I leave it plugged into one of my laptops USB ports permanently. Charging is done by USB cable so that you can continue to use the mouse while it is being charged. Quite a premium priced mouse but maybe another option to consider. I've used wireless mice for gaming for years now and not noticed much of a delay in response with the last couple of generations.

Thanks for the many great suggestions guys. I have decided to go with the brother of the Logitech Performance Mouse MX and get the Anywhere Mouse MX. Its amazing and really does work on just about anything.

Back