What is Armstrong SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crikk23

well what is Armstrong SS and how do i remove it (want to throw something like AVG or another anti-virus that i know how to use)

i have no idea what Armstrong SS , its not my pc but im trying to make it run better and thinking of getting like AVG on it but dont want 2 anti-viruse programs on the PC.

Your post is rather unclear. You really need to be more specific about what you are looking at, what os you are running, etc. . . I assume there is a program called Armstrong SS on the computer and you aren't sure what it is, but you think it is an antivirus program?

I have no idea what version of windows you are running, but you should be able to check to see if windows thinks you have an anti virus program installed and if it is "Armstrong SS". You can always try to install another Anti Virus Program and see what it does. Also check out microsoft security essentials - free and much less annoying then avast or AVG in my book.

Your post is rather unclear. You really need to be more specific about what you are looking at, what os you are running, etc. . . I assume there is a program called Armstrong SS on the computer and you aren't sure what it is, but you think it is an antivirus program?

I have no idea what version of windows you are running, but you should be able to check to see if windows thinks you have an anti virus program installed and if it is "Armstrong SS". You can always try to install another Anti Virus Program and see what it does. Also check out microsoft security essentials - free and much less annoying then avast or AVG in my book.

windows XP

and IDK got avira installed know but...

before i installed it was saying no antivirus but also sayed it was out of date...

also there like no unistall for it , i know the ISP is armstrong , but armstong SS seems to be just a fake antivirus .

with no way to uninstall it right.

You havn't said anything that makes me think that it is antivirus software or tells me that you should uninstall it.

That said you can usually clear programs without an "uninstaller" through something like revo. There are other tools out there as well. Just search for "how to uninstall programs with no uninstaller"

Here is a link for revo uninstaller. I havn't used it myself, but it looks like it would fit your need.
http://blogs.howtogeek.com/mysticge...tall-programs-and-more-with-revo-uninstaller/

You havn't said anything that makes me think that it is antivirus software or tells me that you should uninstall it.

That said you can usually clear programs without an "uninstaller" through something like revo. There are other tools out there as well. Just search for "how to uninstall programs with no uninstaller"

Here is a link for revo uninstaller. I havn't used it myself, but it looks like it would fit your need.
http://blogs.howtogeek.com/mysticge...tall-programs-and-more-with-revo-uninstaller/

ya IDK if it is or not just what they told my grand mother.

and im trying to get all the stuff that not needed off her pc (its running WTF slow adn i think its ISP but they keep saying its on are side...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back