What is C:\Document & ?

How are you accessing my documents in windows xp ?
Only reason why I ask because windows doesn't normally show the directory if you do, start, click on my documents, then it opens.
No directly line will pop up, but if you have a shortcut to it then I can understand why it may show up like that.
Check the folder settings for my documents make sure quick access is disabled.
Been a long time since I've touched xp, quirky as it is it made me wonder with odd stuff like that happening.

Hi The link I posted has that same procedure for your issue on several links on the internet. ("Went there and didn't see it"?)
You are running a OS that is no longer supported by MS. Are you saying this was not in your registry and you weren't able to put it there. Do you see this in Window System 32
This shouldn't be that hard. Do you have the install media?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG25.JPG
    Capture.JPG25.JPG
    262.4 KB · Views: 0
Hi You might try a sfc /scannow? If you cleaned up your PC for malware with Broni, there is no telling what was done to the registry before or after!;)
Just saying what I think!:D

I followed both links & did not see what they said I was supposed to see. I don't think its worth wasting much more time on this, it aint causing problems that I am aware of.

Hi friend! Here's my thoughts. Even though you get a 'all clear after working with the malware section', there can still be problems IMHO. If they can't be solved after you are given the all clear, some times a clean install is the only solution left. If you can live with your issues, and don't want to perform a clean install, then that's up to you. Personally, I want every thing to be right and I can't work or live with a PC that has issues.(y)Good luck. I will work with you as long as you want, and offer my best suggestions. I don't have all the answers, but some times I get lucky.:D You don't have to know all the answers, but it helps if you know where to find the answers.

I understand. If I could do a clean install I would but no $$$ for that. To be totally truthful, I don't know if I want to continue since it might be over my head. Later on today I might google a few things to see what comes up, but otherwise, it runs :)

Hi OK sounds like a good plan. You were advised a long time ago to forget about XP, and think about a Linux OS. Have you abandoned that idea? The last I heard, you couldn't get into the boot menu to change the boot order. Don't mean to be grouchy or mean,but you start threads here on TS, then you don't seem to stay with them and try to solve the issue; and nothing anyone suggests seems to work for you. Have a good day my friend. Not sure how much clean install media would cost, but would think it would be minimal. A Linux OS is free.;) I also doubt if suggestions are over your head, but that's my thoughts

If I remember correctly, I said I went thru the many links in hopes of trying to find out how to change the boot order of this XP so I could boot it from the USB but despite others help & my own looking, I never was able to & came to the conclusion this Systemax desktop is built differently than a Windows XP so why try something that may not work.
Somebody else suggested using a CD, but I asked myself, if it can't be booted from a USB, it can't be booted from a cd. Long story short, if somebody out there has an IDENTICAL Systemax desktop pc & can help, fine.
Yes, I have started some threads in here & never finished them but too late now since it crashed.
I do the best I can but when I can't find something a helper tells me how to look for it, sorry for my ignorance.

Hi You might try a sfc /scannow? If you cleaned up your PC for malware with Broni, there is no telling what was done to the registry before or after!;)
Just saying what I think!:D
I tried that but it wouldn't do anything either. I clicked enter & the rectangle box disappeared, literally.
It's a Systemax desktop pc, make & model cannot be found unless it's hidden inside:mad:

Back