What is going on with this PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

I'm trying to fix my friend's PC. It blue-screens most of the time whenever DIrect3D or OpenGL is initiated, and I can't figure out why. I updated the video drivers, lowered the memory speed and loosened the timings, changed some settings around, all to no avail.

I have a massive array of minidumps from all the BSODs that I can upload for you. They're attached to the post.

Uninstall the ASUS enhanced video drivers. It's a known problem. You may need to reinstall the Nvidia drivers.

BugCheck 1000000A, {16, 2, 0, 8050057c}
Unable to load image atkosdmini.dll, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atkosdmini.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atkosdmini.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atkdisp.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atkdisp.dll
Probably caused by : atkosdmini.dll ( atkosdmini+1370 )

BugCheck 1000000A, {16, 2, 0, 8050057c}
Probably caused by : atkosdmini.dll
PROCESS_NAME: war3.exe
PROCESS_NAME: dxdiag.exe
PROCESS_NAME: Gw.exe
Open Add/Remove Programs, look for a reference to the Asus Enhanced Drivers, and uninstall them.
Restart

Failing that, just update your Video drivers
All done :)

peterdiva just got in before me :(

There was something about ASUS Gamer OSD, but nothing related to ASUS Enhanced Drivers. I deleted the OSD, I'll reboot and see what happens.

This post may help, try to find any Asus Drivers installed for your Video

1. Uninstall the drivers from Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel of Windows.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Run Driver Sweeper*, select the drivers that you have uninstalled and click Clean button.
4. Install the new drivers.

* For Windows Vista users, please run Driver Sweeper in administrator mode.
Right mouse click Driver Sweeper shortcut and click Run as administrator.

To download and install Driver Sweeper, please click HERE. (direct link)
Save DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe file on the hard disk.
Run DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe.

Thanks Kimsland. I fixed it by uninstalling that ASUS Gamer OSD, and then by reinstalling the Nvidia drivers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back