TechSpot

What is good air cooling these days?

By Jesse_hz
Dec 22, 2006
  1. I haven't been following the air cooling market much after I got into watercooling. Could someone please tell me what heatsinks are king in when it comes to air cooling these days? (performance > silence)

Kind Regards Jesse ;)

2. dopefisher

dopefisher TS Rookie Posts: 540

Zalman coolers are hands-down the best, from my experience. I have gotten the lowest temps with these over other brands.

3. agi_shi

agi_shi TS Rookie Posts: 507

Hands down the most over-priced, too. Same price for a CPN9500 you can get a Scythe Infinity, and there is basically no comparance between them.

4. dopefisher

dopefisher TS Rookie Posts: 540

Actually, they are the same price. And I have never used a scythe cooler, but it looks like any other aftermarket cooler. Besides, the Zalman fans are special. Just look at them!

5. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

yes, zalman makes the best. i use them every time better-than-stock cooling is desired, and not a single customer wasn't impressed.

6. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 638

OK so it's gotta be Zalman. Can any of you recommend a specific heatsink model, one that can cool a Prescott?

Kind Regards Jesse ;)

7. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

you can take your pick...the 7700cu is fine and it's price has come down. unless you can't spare an extra $20, i would go with a zalman 9500 or 9700

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.