What is my custom pc worth?

Here are my specs I want opinions on what it is worth. It has only been in use for a month and a half.
specs:

NZXT Lexa Blackline case (red LED)

intel core 2 quad 6700 (2.66 GHz, 8MB L2 Cache Total, 1066 MHz FSB)

cooler master- extreme power duo 600W PS (SLI & CrossFire ready)

Sapphire- ati radeon X1900 GT video card

Elitegroup- P35T-A Motherboard

Western Digital- SATA 160 GB HDD

5 case fans +CPU fan (6 total)

writemaster 20x dvd (rewritable)

I was going to say about $450 off the top of my head, price can go up if it comes with a Windows install disk.

The thing is, when you have a rig that 'modern' you don't go selling it, you are going to take a big hit on the price.

Here is my take on it"
Case - I don't care how fancy it is, as long as I can get inside if I need to add/remove something. $30
Processor - maybe $200, but thats only off the top of my head, I don't know current prices for that.
PSU - $50
Graphics Card - maybe $70
Motherboard - $50
HD - $35
Case fans - worthless, I've got more fans than I can count lying around, plus 5 is overkill
DVD Burner - $10. I can buy a new one for $25

Moral of this is don't buy a high end pc and then try to sell it.

Basically, unless you just can't get the component via a retail outlet, it's pretty much cut in price by at least 30% in worth after you use it for any length of time, unless the person just doesn't know any better. The longer you wait, the less it's worth because on top of the fact that you're using the components, the fact is, the retail components will drop in price. Combine the two of them :) and your rig is worthless.

Back