What is the best contact manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdms96825

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I have been using Thunderbird to keep all of the info on my contacts. This means I have to open Thunderbird every time I want to copy a mailing address. Is there a free contact manager that will allow me to easily access mailing addresses?

Thank you.

Thanks Archean, but it looks like you have to be online to use it. I am looking for a program that will allow me to easily access someone's postal address in order to address a letter.

Well in that case, best option can be using the mail merge feature of Microsoft Word (I think OpenOffice also support this functionality).

To use it, you need to have your addresses in Microsoft Excel/or Microsoft Outlook (Or Calc in case of Open Office), and then link that sheet with Microsoft Word; once you have done that you can easily just click and change the addressee.

There are good resources available online to guide you through this process.

1. Open Office
2. Microsoft Office

Please let me know if you need further information on this issue. Regards

I can understand that; personally I prefer the second method recommended above; but there can be situations where online method may be more useful. I hope that answers your Q :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back